2015 Goals | December & Happy New Year!

I can't end 2015 without completing my 'Goals' series. In January, I always write a post with several things I want to achieve throughout the year then, quarterly, I write updates. I did this in 2014, 2015 and I intend to continue in 2016 too! You can catch up on 2015's posts here:

JanuaryAprilAugust

I think since 'goals' seems to have acquired a new meaning this year I'll just call them resolutions next year!

So, let's have a look at what I've achieved this year...

1. Be more online

As I said in August, I'm pretty active on Twitter these days (@MystNeonLights) I'm always tweeting random thoughts and pictures. In Summer, I made a few YouTube videos because it was the holidays and I had lots of time to spare but since then I haven't really done a lot.


But, if anything, I think I've become less online throughout 2015 which is pretty sad. My blog has been sorely neglected over the last few months so I hope in 2016 I'll feel more inspired! (Hence light bulb)

2. Be more confident

I'm definitely more confident these days, especially with speaking to other people but I think that's because my job requires me to have a bit of confidence. I don't think I'm ever going to be one of them overly-confident, fearless people, I'm far too much of an over thinker! Maybe I should learn to accept it and move on?

3. Buy a coffee machine

This is definitely my most failed goal of 2015. Still no coffee machine for meeeeee. I'll have to wait until we either have a new kitchen or I have my own house...

4. Save up



...Which brings me on nicely to my next point! In August I had nothing to report, I hadn't saved a dime and now I can proudly tell you I HAVE SAVNGS! I was inspired by that post to make my first payment into a savings account and since then I've saved, saved, saved.

I want to open one of them Help To Buy ISA accounts next year so I'm glad I've saved a good amount to open one :) It's definitely not before time that I started saving for a mortgage.

5. Go to more places

Very pleased with this goal too! This year I have been to: Liverpool x2, Amsterdam, Chester, I've been to Yorkshire and done the 3 Peaks Challenge (read about it here), London and Stuttgart for the Christmas markets which I'll write a post about soon.


I hope that next year I'll visit more places because I just love seeing other cities. I'd absolutely love to go to New York. There's always hope.

6. Do more cooking 

My cooking skills have really improved this year and I'm so proud. I'm no chef but I've got frozen food down to a T, I make a mean bacon butty and I can concoct a decent dinner pretty well which is better than not even knowing which knob turns the oven on. I hope that next year I'll start cooking things from scratch, like pasta. I love pasta. :))))

***

So that concludes my goals for 2015. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the progress I've made, particularly with numbers 4, 5 and 6.

I've got a few posts planned for next week, including a Christmas/Boxing Day haul and a Stuttgart photo diary. I've also ordered an Erin Condren Life Planner in an attempt to plan/scrapbook my life throughout 2016 I'm hoping that it'll motivate me to plan blog posts because I used to thoroughly enjoy scrapbooking and crafty projects!

Anyway, that's everything for 2015 from me!
I hope you all have a spectacular New Year and 2016.... See you on the other side!

Leanne x

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com