My 23rd Birthday!

I'm currently tracking my Erin Condren planner online and it's just arrived in Philadelphia. My estimated delivery date is tomorrow which seems pretty far fetched considering it's still in the US. Still, I'm so excited :D

Today, I thought I'd show you what I got for my 23rd birthday which was on Thursday, the 7th! I've had such a good week despite it being the first week back in work but I've celebrated and enjoyed myself so I'm very happy!



I got presents from my Mum, my close friends, friends from work and I also treated myself to a little something too because if you can't buy yourself a gift on your birthday, when can you?  


My Mum got me a bottle of Roberto Cavalli, the Acqua scent which is gorgeous. It smells very similar to the original, strong and sultry, but something about it reminds me of summer. It's like a summery version of the original. I don't know about anyone else but once Christmas and my birthday are over I start pining for the summer, light mornings and warm evenings. Cannot wait. And this will definitely be my go-to scent throughout that season.



My friends from work bought me a bottle of coffee flavoured vodka. They all know I'm a coffee addict and next to that, vodka is my favourite drink so they combined to two and picked this! It's witchcraft!

It smells delicious but I have no idea what to mix it with. Or if to mix it at all?
Any suggestions I'll be glad to hear them in the comments.



I'd organised to go for an early tea with some girls from work and they were so sneaky because they'd managed to plan and bring a cake out with us and I never even noticed. After we'd all finished eating Melissa just whipped Little Miss Princess out of her bag. I was so stunned. They were so thoughtful and really made my birthday a special one :)

On Saturday night (last night, I'm currently writing this post with a headache courtesy of the night before) I went on a night out with my very close friends. We pretty much stayed in the Bierkeller all night because the music they play is right up our street. Before-hand though, we had a few drinks at my house and they gave me this stunning gift...



We all know I'm an eyeshadow junkie and need no encouragement but feast your eyes my friends, feast your eyes *face emoji with heart eyes*

It doesn't get much better than this, does it?

I cannot wait to get stuck in with this set, it gives me butterflies just looking at all the colours and choices. I love it!! Arghhh


And as if that wasn't enough, they also bought me this quilted velvet clutch from Topshop. It's so quirky and unusual, definitely something I'd have picked out for myself. I'm going to get so much use out of it because black and gold will match anything. They know me so well! 

I'm very thankful for the gifts they picked - I feel very spoilt! 


Finally, this was a little birthday gift to myself. I bought this with my planner in mind, I'm definitely looking forward to the creative, scrapbooking element more than actually planning because, the truth is, I don't really have a lot to plan. But the fun I'll get out of decorating each week and making a book which I can look back on is very exciting. 

I considered buying a polaroid camera but realised I'd probably get fed up carrying it around all the time so this was the more sensible option for me because I take pictures on my phone all the time. 

If you haven't heard of the Polaroid Zip before it's a little portable printer which you can send pictures to from your phone via an app. It then prints them out on photo paper which you can peel the backing off to make them into stickers if you wish. 

I'll definitely make a review post for this once I've used it a few times!

And that concludes my birthday haul and celebrations... I've had such a good week and I'm so thankful to everyone who made my birthday special. 

Let me know in the comments if you'd like reviews on anything mentioned. 
And if you have any coffee vodka mixer suggestions, too!

Thanks for reading, 
Leanne x

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. That eyeshadow collection is what dreams are made of
    I hope you had a Happy Birthday :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I can't wait to start playing with it!
      Thank you very much, I had a lovely birthday :) x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com