A Crafty Haul, Part 2!

Hello everyone!

I'm back with the second part of my crafty haul. I wanted this to go up sooner but I went back to uni on the 1st so I had to sort myself out for that, I've just been a bit busier. I need to figure out days that I'm going to post on so it's a bit more consistent. 

Anyway, I returned to Hobbycraft for a few more bits and bobs so I thought I'd show you what I picked up in case anyone's interested in getting crafty for Christmas!


First off, I store everything in this wicker basket which Tom bought me from TKMaxx. It's the perfect size for little things which'll soon get lost if they're not kept together. TKMaxx and Homesence have loads of these kind of storage baskets, I really enjoy using them :) And it's was only £5.99!


Next I always collect the spare buttons from clothes and beads from necklaces and bracelets I no longer wear for craft projects which I keep in this little tin. The tin is actually from one of the free gifts that MaxFactor do every now and then if you spend X amount of money on the brand.

Now on to the things I picked up from Hobbycraft!


First, Tom found this finishing spray. Ideally I wanted a clear Acrylic finishing spray but I couldn't find one anywhere despite the fact that I saw one on the website. If anyone knows where I can buy one please let me know! :)

This one seems to do the job but it does have some glitter in it and I don't think it has an acrylic finish so it's not exactly what I was looking for but it does the job for now. If you're looking for it in Hobbycraft it's near all the Christmas and Halloween things.

Price: £5.99
SPRAY AND SPARKLE


Next, I fancied some ribbon! So I picked up two thick rustic looking ribbons and one reel that says 'Merry Christmas' The majority of things were on 3 for 2 in the Christmas craft section and I think these are really cute.

(I can't find a link to the first two but I know they were 75p each)

MERRY CHRISTMAS RIBBON
Price: £2.00


I picked up some 'Natural Cinnamon Sticks' my plan was to put one inside the candle holders with a none scented tea light in the hope that it'll give off a cinnamon scent. I'll let you know how I get on with this idea...

Price: £1.50
CINNAMON STICKS


I also bought some wire for decorating the candle holders. It looks red but it's actually a burnt orange colour. It's really pretty, I don't know how I'm going to use it yet but I'm sure I'll think of something!

Price: £2.00
RED WIRE


Penultimately I saw these cute looking gift tags and thought they'd be nice this coming Christmas. They're just plain and white and look nice and festive. Who doesn't love some pretty gift tags?

(I can't find a link to these either :( I think they were only about £1.00 though)


And lastly, I bought the plain white glass paint I was talking about in part 1 of this post. The pearly white just wasn't a great colour for things that I wanted to be plain white so I decided it'd be best to just pick this up too. I also bought a glass pen for outlining things as I discovered it's not the easiest thing to do with a paint brush!

Price: £2.69

Price: £3.99

That's everything I bought, my bill came to around £20 and the Christmas things were all on 3 for 2. 

Hope you enjoyed reading this!
See you next time, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com