Lush Lip Scrub | Bubblegum

Hello everyone!

This post has been a long time coming. I bought Lush's Bubblegum Lip Scrub a while ago and I have been using it quite frequently since then. The review seemed to keep getting put on the back burner, however, I decided I'd better write it soon otherwise my sister may just finish of eating it....


Yep, you read that right, she eats it. I don't mean after she's used it on her lips as a lot of people tend to do, I mean she gets some out of the tub and just eats it. It is very strange behaviour. 

Anyway, on with the review!

I know a lot of people buy this particular scent / flavour and when I went to buy mine I intended on getting a different scent. However, there was only one other choice (I'm not sure if that applies everywhere but in this particular Lush there were only two choices). Unfortunately I didn't like the other scent at all, so much so that I couldn't have ever put it anywhere near my face, so I had to buy this one. 

It's extremely sweet, very accurately bubblegum flavoured and its hot pink colour does make it look like something to eat. I'm not an eater, personally, I just scrub it off afterwards. 

Ingredients included.
Admittedly, I was sceptical, I really didn't think it would be everything it's made out to be. On the contrary, it really is worth the £5-ish price tag. Unless of course you feel like a bit of DIY work as I've seen many a recipe on Pinterest which explain how to make something similar yourself, it looks rather simple. 

I find that after applying this, leaving it for a few minutes, rubbing my lips together for a bit then taking it off, I notice a significant change in the texture of my lips. It really does smooth everything out, diminish dead skin and replenish the overall feel of my lips. 

My initial purchase was after buying some rather expensive lip products around my birthday and I can say that I'm really glad I did. Particularly where matte, drying products are concerned you will really benefit from using this to even out your lips beforehand. 

Drawbacks of this item are that it's quite messy to actually get out of the tub, if you have long nails you may benefit from using one of them little spatulas for getting product out of tubs. Also, the product is messy to apply, it tends to drop everywhere whilst you're rubbing it in. I would recommend that you wear PJs or something when you use it to avoid ruining your clothes. Also, I wish there was a wider choice in scents. 

Other than that, I have really enjoyed this product and when it runs out I think it is likely that I will repurchase it. (And hide it so my sister doesn't eat it).


Have you tried the Lush Lip Scrub? 
Do you have a lip scrub that could rival Lush's?

Hope this was helpful,
See you next time, 
Leanne x
Follow on Bloglovin

Thoughts of the Day
  • I'm currently watching Pirates Of The Caribbean Dead Man's Chest on TV... Don't be surprised if there are any accidental quotes within this review ahhaha. BA LIKI LIKI!!
  • My face is a nightmare at the moment. My T-Zone is really oily and my cheeks are SO dry, as in, they feel scaly they're that dry. I don't know what to do with it! 
  • I had a side fringe cut in a few days ago and I'm resenting it more by the day. Why do I do this to myself? 
  • Is anyone else going to miss The Originals and TVD as much as me when they end next week? WHAT WILL I DO WITH MY TIME? 
  • I'd love to hear what everyone's favourite type of blog post is? What do you really enjoy reading? For me, I think it might be hauls...

2 comments:

  1. I adore this lip scrub, I agree with it being quite messy though! Your sister is perfectly normal for eating it, it's delicious, and the lady who spoke to me in Lush told me it was edible haha, it does feel like a bit of a waste though!

    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com