2015 Goals Progress | August

I say it every time but... here we go again. Another progress report on the resolutions I set for myself back in January for the year ahead. I just scrolled down my draft posts looking for some notes I made only to find that I'd actually written them for the April progress post. That's how fast time is going... I thought I'd only edited it a few weeks ago.

I joked about it last time but it literally will be Christmas before we know it. Sorry if you don't want to hear that but it's true ;) Once the schools go back in September that's when the countdown begins (and of course X Factor).

Anyway. August. We're still in August.

I had a fleeting glance at my goals before and I only noticed a big change in one of them but we'll go through the rest still anyway. I'll try to keep it short and sweet for you all... enjoy!

1. Be more online 

I'm a bit addicted to Twitter these days (@MystNeonLights). I'm always tweeting random things about my days, what I've been buying and food lol. Feel free to follow me!

Also, I've been a bit more active amongst the YouTube-sphere these days. Only very recently but I'm proud of the videos I've been making. Still not brave enough to actually talk to the camera but who knows? Maybe one day!

Here are some of my videos:
Room Tour
GRWM
Primark/F21/Lush Haul
Liverpool Vlog
DIY Pinterest Photo Wall

Subscribe to my channel if you'd like a bit more random ;)

2. Be more confident

I think my confidence has grown about 50% since this time last year so that, I am happy with. I have days where I wish I didn't have responsibilities and didn't have to do things I don't want to do but I'm not the only one.

I'm trying to have a more 'care-less' attitude. Not careless but my lack of confidence usually comes from caring too much about what other people think, over thinking things until I just have to go to sleep because it's hurting my brain or the guilt I carry for weeks over ridiculous things. Once I forgot to invite someone to coffee who had once taken me for coffee and I didn't stop thinking about it for days.

I wish I was someone who can move on quicker.

3. Buy a coffee machine

I still lust after them in every shop. I was in Debenhams today and was pricing them up. Tomorrow I'm going to Costco and I'll be eyeing them up in there too. I really want one and I feel that as such a loyal coffee drinker I deserve one but we just don't have the room for one with the kitchen in its current state. :( :(

4. Save Up

I feel like I have valid excuses here. So far this year I have bought a room full of new furniture for my bedroom. I have payed for my bathroom to be built and then made into an actual bathroom and I have payed for the downstairs bathroom to be re-furbished. That has not been cheap.


However, when I got payed this month I did set up a little account for Christmas funds. So every payday some money will go in there and by December I should have collected a few hundred for prezzies etc. I'm always broke around that time of year so hopefully this will help.

A little part of me is hoping I won't need to touch the savings at all and I can carry on saving for a holiday or a mortgage or laser eye surgery or some shiz.

5. Go to more places

I've done well with this I think. Since last time, the only extra trips I've taken include one to Yorksire which you'll know all about if you read my Three Peaks Challenge post. And another mini trip to Liverpool with Sophie where we shopped and did touristy stuff rather than drink myself blind like I did in January for my birthday ;)

I have little plans brewing in my head though... I'd like to visit Poland in the October holidays. My friend wants to visit London for her birthday later in the year and for my 23rd in January I really want to go to Dublin. Stay tuned.

6. Do more cooking

This is the one I've really improved on this year. In January I couldn't even turn the grill on I was so hopeless and now I can make full on Sunday roasts. I haven't. But I could. I make the best bacon and cheese bagels and I'm getting pretty good at bunging things in the oven out of the freezer. I'm just saying. Chef in the making.

I'd love to get into cooking things from scratch now I've mastered the frozen food part. Maybe that will be one of next year's resolutions. 'Be able to make a lasagne from nothing but a bag of flour and some tomatoes'.

And that concludes this post. I did try to keep it short but as I was writing more things kept popping into my head that I'd done. I really thought the only one I'd improved on was the cooking part!

I hope you enjoyed reading, let me know in the comments how you're getting on with your resolutions!

See you next time,
Leanne x

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com