Catastrophe Cosmetic Face Mask by Lush!

Hello everyone!

You may remember a haul I wrote a while back in which I spoke about the Catastrophe Cosmetic Face Mask from Lush. I've been using it quite a lot since I bought it so I thought it was time for a review!


I'll start of by saying that I absolutely love this face mask! When I bought it, I was mostly just interested in the scent of it, it smells like Palma Violets! Also, it doesn't say that it's aimed at a specific skin type (although I have read it's better for oily skin), it just says it's for distressed skin and as I frequently have patches of dryness I thought this would be ideal for me. 

After buying this I read that it's not great for dry skin. Some people have claimed that it totally dried their skin out however I continued to use it and that really hasn't been the case for me. I don't know why it dried so many people's skin out, maybe they apply too much of it as it does harden and dry as it's on your face, but I'm going to share my opinions on it even though a lot of people say it's not for dry skin. 


Despite the fact that I was only drawn to its scent at first, I've noticed this face mask produces really great results on my skin. It definitely soothes my dryness, some face masks irritate dry skin that you already have but this stops it from itching and it smooths the skin which is great. I've also noticed that after I take it off it creates very even toned skin. I'm quite partial to redness on my face but this really helps to diminish that. With al lot of face products I find that they can irritate my eyes even if I put them no where near my eyes (for example the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish) but that doesn't happen at all with this mask.

I would say that you can leave this product on for as long as you like, and you can, but I find that as it hardens it starts to crumble everywhere so that's when I tend to wash it off but if you can deal with the mess you could leave it on for as long as you'd like. Around 15-20mins is enough for me. I notice absolutely no tingling or stinging when I leave it on, it's so gentle, which is very strange because there are not many things I can leave on my skin without it starting to hurt. I like that you don't feel it doing anything but when you take it off you can see that it has.  

I have a 75g tub and it has lasted me so long. I've used it about 5/6 times and I still have half left which is great value for money in my opinion. I think the problem people have with it drying out their skin is because they apply too much of it and too frequently. I read one review where the girl uses a whole tub every 2 days! It's designed to help clear your skin of spots and blemishes etc. so it is going to be drying but used in moderation I think it can definitely help soothe dry skin too.

I'd definitely recommend this face mask to someone who someone who might be a bit iffy about putting products on their skin as it's so gentle yet does a great job of cleansing and evening out your skin. I'd also recommend it to someone who feels their skin is in need of a pick-me-up or someone who just loves the scent of Palma Violets! I love that it leaves my skin feeling smooth and fresh and very even toned! I also like to use it the day after a night out to treat my skin after all the use of makeup! 

Price: £5.95 / 75g
You can buy it online HERE.

I hope this was helpful and that you enjoyed reading it! 
See you next time, 
Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com