A week of Seventeen reviews | Flawless Poreless Primer!

Hello Everyone!

You may remember a while back when I bought these new Seventeen face products. There was a 3 for £10 offer on in Boots so I picked up the Flawless Poreless Primer, the Phwoarr Paint Concealer and the Skin WOW Primer/Highlight. 

I thought I'd give them each their own individual review, starting with the primer today. I did debate writing about them all in one post but it would be too long winded as I do have a decent amount to say about each item! 

So, starting with the Flawless Poreless Primer!


First of all I think this is a really great primer. I've been using it almost everyday since I bought it (you can see that I accidentally took a chuck out of it with my nail grr) and I've been absolutely loving it. I apply it with my fingers on my nose, chin and forehead, they do recommend that you apply it with your fingers although I don't see why you couldn't just dip a makeup brush in to the product and use it that way.

The primer is completely clear in colour so there's no need to worry about whether it will match you and it feels so silky smooth. It kind of feels the same as an Avon primer I have, I think it's called Magic, they have the same smooth and weightless texture. It's not greasy at all and it leaves your skin looking matte and smooth for your foundation application.

I've seen quite a few people saying that this primer makes no difference at all to their skin and I have a feeling that's because they aren't applying enough of it. I tend to put about two coats of this on my problem areas because, as they say, one coat just doesn't cut it. But once you have a decent amount of the product on I think it definitely gives your skin a flawless, poreless finish and a good base for your foundation. 

Throughout the day, I do notice a difference in the staying power of my foundation. I found that it increases the matte-ness of my skin for at least 2-3 more hours, it helps keep shine at bay for a lot longer than if I didn't use a primer at all so I'd say that it does pull off what it claims to do.

I would say that there are better primers out there, but for double or triple the price. I've also been using the Benefit Poreless primer and whilst I do think that performs better, it doesn't make me dislike the Seventeen version because it also does a pretty damn good job.

I wasn't going to make a point of this because I'm not sure whether it's supposed to have this effect but I've found that the Seventeen Primer actually helps diminish some blemishes. I know that Seventeen is a brand aimed at teenagers and in some products they have salicylic acid. I don't know whether that's in the primer but I have noticed a difference. Just something worth noting I think. Am I the only one who's noticed this?

I am a big fan of this primer, however, there are some downfalls. First of all, the application. I would much prefer it to be in a tube. Something about rubbing your fingers about the product to apply it is a bit off putting for me #germs. Although it looks pretty in it's packaging, ultimately I think it's too bulky, awkward to store and not useful. I think the packaging may be a tool to help disguise the lack of product you're actually getting. It looks like you're getting quite a lot because it's in a big compact but there's only 5.5g of product which compared to my other compacts of that size which hold over 15g of product, it's a bit misleading. 

Having said that, all of them cons are regarding the packaging, as far as the product is concerned I don't really have anything negative to say about it. I think it's a really nice product. If you're struggling to see a difference when you use it I'd recommend applying a bit more than you normally would, give it a minute or so to settle on your skin (probably go and wash it off your hands or something) then go back and apply your foundation, I think you might see a difference then. If not, maybe it's not the primer for you :(.  

You can buy this at Boots for £5.99

I hope this was helpful! 
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments and I'll get back to you.

Next will be my review of the Seventeen Phwaorr Paint Concealer! 

See you then, 
Leanne x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com