An Update.

Hello everyone!

As you may have noticed if you visit my blog often, there has been a few changes around here.

I felt like my old blog design was getting a little dark and dingy and not very inviting. I've been wanting to redesign my blog for a few weeks but I was putting it off through fear of making it worse than better.

I quite like my new layout and colours though. What do you think?

I wish I'd taken a screen shot of the before so I could compare before and after. Damn!

I know it still isn't excellent but it's a step in the right direction I think. The background colour is a lot lighter now compared to the dark green background with white writing. I feel that it's a bit easier on the eyes. I also changed the sidebar to the right hand side, not for any particular reason, I just fancied a change. And I decided to add an Instagram widget which I think is really cool and adds some colour to my blog.

Additionally, I've added some 'Pages' in the side bar. Ideally I'd like them to be in a list across the top but I can't change the colour of the bar when they're up there and I don't like it so that's a work in progress. I've added an 'About' page which will continue to change and probably become more detailed when I have some time to sit down and write it properly but for now I'm happy with it. I have changed what used to be 'My Links' (Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr) in to pages instead. I think this works better. 

I'm still not completely happy with it. I'd like to create a header and have some different boarders so I'm just going to keep tinkering with it but for the most part, the big changes are over with.

With regards to posts, I've been giving it some thought and when I look back over my older posts I'm really not happy with them. I think they could be a lot better. I'm thinking about writing fewer posts but making them better quality. For example, using my camera as opposed to my iphone camera. Things like that. Let me know what you think :)

Anyway, I just wanted to inform and update and kind of start again with this blog. I haven't deleted any posts because I only have about 30 of them to begin with but I'm hoping to make my upcoming posts a lot better quality regarding the images and writing and the topic I'm actually writing about.

I hope this has cleared everything up! And I hope everyone had a lovely Easter!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com