My Top 5 Programmes of Autumn / Winter 2013! ***No Spoilers***

Hello Everyone!

It's late on a Sunday afternoon, I've worked my behind off and finished about 5 blog posts today but I'm not ready to stop yet. So I'm going to write something a little different, something easy and relaxing, something that I don't have to use my brain as much to produce. I'm going to tell you about my top 5 programmes that I've been watching throughout the Autumn and in to the Winter. I love watching TV, couch potato? I don't really care! :D 

What are your favourite programmes at the moment? 


Number One - The Originals


This is a spin-off series of The Vampire Diaries. And if I'm being honest, despite my love for The Vampire Diaries, I think this just nicks the top spot for me. It's a lot more 'grown up' there's no whining Elena here there and everywhere, it's sexier, more dangerous, focuses on my favourite characters and introduces more interesting characters. 

It's set in New Orleans, a place way way up there on my list of places I really want to visit, it revolves around the 'Original' vampires hence the title but mainly just Nicklaus, Elijah and Rebekah. I won't go in to much detail about the plot incase you have intentions of watching it but I'd highly recommend giving it a go! 


Number Two - The Vampire Diaries Season 5


I've been a fan of The Vampire Diaries since it started, way back. I've even read the books which I don't know why I'm even mentioning because the two are so different. Anyway, because I've watched it for so long I just need to keep watching, I have to see what's happening next, who's a vampire now, who's a ghost, who's a witch, werewolf etc (Even bloody Matt is hardly human anymore). Elena really winds me up in this programme, she's so mard and whiney, last season they went on some massive quest to find a cure for her and she didn't even seem bothered about finding it! Also, if you've been watching the last season don't you think they're taking this whole doppelganger thing a bit far? 

Anyway, despite a few annoyances, I do really enjoy watching this programme, some of the characters I absolutely love and I congratulate them on the continuously engrossing storylines that are being produced!

Number Three - Bates Motel

I've discussed this programme at length in THIS post. Don't worry there are no spoilers. I've finished watching this now but I watched it during the Autumn and really enjoyed it so that's why it's made my top 5. It's a psychological thriller based on the 1960s Hitchcock film 'Psycho'. It's about a mother and her son who buy a motel in a strange town and it basically all goes to pot from there. 

A highly recommended programme from me! It has Freddie Highmore in it and some other really great actors and it's really interesting to watch. It's not particularly gory.. I'd say the first episode is probably the worst of it, if you've seen it you'll probably know what I mean. There is some horror in it but it's not off putting nor is it over used. Wouldn't recommend it to someone under 15 though. 


Number 4 - I'm a Celebrity


A bit of reality TV. I don't usually like this kind of thing, I don't watch Big Brother or Made in Chelsea or anything like that just because it doesn't entertain me and frankly they bug me. But I think this one is different. It's much more entertaining, they rarely put 'actual' celebrities in there, I mean you're not going to find any Johnny Depps in the jungle but you get to know the people in there and they grow on you! This year I really like Rebecca Adlington the Olympic Swimmer, she doesn't really do much but I think she's a really nice person. Joey Essex doesn't annoy me as much as I thought he would but under no circumstances am I believing that he's that stupid. No one who's been through school can't tell the time. 

Anyway, I really like the trials that they do and I love Ant and Dec, they absolutely make the show!


Number Five - Table for 12


I found this programme when I was searching online for something good to watch, it's about a family consisting of Mum and Dad, two sets of twins and sextuplets, 12 all together. It's such a lovely programme to watch. You just kind of follow them about on days out or holidays and birthday and just general lounging about the house days. I must have watched all the episodes in about two days, it's so intriguing. They're a lovely family to watch. 

I've read reviews online with people saying they're not an 'attractive' enough family to watch or they don't have enough drama for the show to do well but I thoroughly enjoyed watching this. They're so down-to-earth and lovely. It makes me want to go and join their family hahah. 

You can watch the whole series online on YouTube, I think the username of the uploader is DuggarHayesFan. I have never been able to get in to the Duggars or the Kate plus 8 programmes. They just don't do it for me. Let's see if I can name the whole family without looking: Eric, Betty, Kyle, Kevin, Kieran, Meghan, Rebecca, Tara, Rachel, EJ, Connor and Ryan! Did I miss anyone? I don't think so! If you're looking for something light hearted, easy and satisfying to watch, you should try this!

***

 So they're my top 5 programmes, I have such a diverse range of programmes that I like to watch (Grand Designs very nearly made it...) haha.

What are your favourite programmes?

Thanks for reading, 
See you next time, 
Leanne x

P.S. Has anyone been watching the new programme on ITV on a Wednesday at 8pm? Mystery Map? It's interesting but takes the fun out of everything! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com