NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream | San Paulo

Hello everyone!

I don't think I've ever reviewed a NYX product here on the blog. This will be the first one! Wooo. 

I bought this Soft Matte Lip Cream for the autumn/winter last year as it's a lovely deep plum/pink shade and I thought I'd get a lot of use out of it. As NYX isn't really readily available in the UK, you can order online and I believe Next are going to be stocking the brand soon (don't quote me that though), some people may find a review helpful in deciding whether to place an order.

The shade I have is 'San Paulo', I first saw Sam from Beautycrush wearing this shade and I had one of them falling in love with a lip product moments and proceeded to buy it online. 

I've been using the product for a few months now and I can tell you that I absolutely love it. So much so that I'm very tempted to buy some more online but I'm kind of hoping Next will have them in stock when they start selling the brand. 

You can see below what the colour looks like on me:

I love it, I think this goes to show that the colour can match any skin tone, it's one of them shades that looks good on anyone. On me, it kind of looks a bit brighter than the deep shade it looks on others, but that's fine, I like it nonetheless. 

The texture of this lip product is amazing. Don't be fooled by the packaging, this is in no way a lip gloss. It is completely 100% matte. There's no shine or shimmer at all. Unlike most matte lip products this still feels comfortable and creamy on your lips whereas I feel that some matte products leave your lips feeling very dry resulting in you putting a lip balm over the top which defeats the idea of a matte product, don't you think?

The product glides on perfectly and you only really need one coat of it to get a completely opaque colour. Use precision when applying it though because if you get this on your skin you will struggle to get it off. One thing that does slightly niggle at me is the applicator. It's a completely normal doe foot applicator but it isn't precise enough, I'd recommend maybe using your own lip brush to apply it.

For me, the product stays on for a good few hours. If you eat or drink though it will come off, you have to wait until it's dried on your lips before you try to eat or drink otherwise you'll find yourself reapplying it. It's not the most long lasting matte product I've ever used. As it's a 'cream', it's prone to wearing away quicker than some of the more drying matte lip products out there. Having said that, this stays on for a good portion of the day, I have no quarrels with it, I just kind of touch up when I need it, as with any other lip product. 

I would really recommend you give this product a go, especially if your a lover of the matte lip look. Mind you, chances are you've already tried it if you are haha. It's a really lovely product, the colour pay off is brilliant, the texture is unique and comfortable to wear and it really is completely matte. 

You can buy this online HERE.
I'm dying to get my hand on the 'Amsterdam' shade!

Price: £5.50

What's your favourite shade of the SMLCs?

Thanks for reading, 
Leanne x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com