Botanics Hot Cloth Cleanser!

Hello everyone!

I bought the Botanics Hot Cloth Cleanser a few weeks ago when it was on offer in Boots. I'd never tried anything from Botanics before but I was interested in trying a balm cleanser. Since then, I've used it pretty much everyday and it's quickly because one of my favourite skin care items. You may have seen me talk about it HERE and HERE. Today I thought I'd write a review for you, letting you know what I think about it and why it's my favourite!


There are lots and lots of balm cleansers out there and I've only tried one of the bunch but I really can't see myself straying away from this one for a while. I use this cleanser at night, I usually remove my eye makeup with just water first because I don't particularly like to put anything chemical near my eyes if I can help it (besides makeup obviously), then I rub this balm all over my face (not on my eyes) and leave it on for a few minutes while I go about my other business. 

I like this cleanser for quite a few reasons, firstly it's great for sensitive skin. There are few products that I can put on my face and leave sitting there for longer than 2/3 minutes. In the past I've used the Liz Earle cleanser, the Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean which is notorious for stinging people's skin and loads of other things and they just burn my face and I come out of the shower looking like a tomato. I also feel like they just waste my money because as soon as I put them on, I'm taking them back off again. I do nonetheless like the Peaches and Clean for my oily nose and chin because it helps dry them out a little. 

The Botanics Cleanser is so gentle on the skin though that I could sleep in it and my skin would be fine. It says on the box not to use it on your eyes but I've had it near-ish to my eyes and haven't experienced any problems. 

Aside from it being great for sensitive skin, it actually works wonders for the look of my skin too.  I know some people like to actually feel the product doing something but with this you can't yet you still see a difference. Since I've been using it, my skin feels more hydrated and smooth, it looks  polished, it reduces the redness of my skin too which used to bug me a lot. It seems to have kept my skin a little less prone to blemishes too which is great. It does remove makeup pretty well too but for that to work you need to use the muslin cloth that comes with it to remove the balm and makeup. Sometimes if I haven't had makeup on that day I just give my face a rinse and leave a bit of the balm on to soak in over night. I really love the smell of this product too although I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, it's a little zesty but fresh and familiar, I just don't know what it is.

Since using this cleanser I have noticed quite a big difference in my skin and I'd definitely re purchase it for that reason. I've even noticed that my makeup applies better because my skin it in better condition. It's a good feeling let me tell you!

You can buy this for £8.99 at Boots

Have you tried this cleanser?
What's your all time favourite cleanser?

Thanks for reading, 
Leanne x

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try a hot cloth cleanser, but it's always the high end brands that seem to be reviewed and talked about, I really love the sound of this cheaper alternative!
    Lovely blog :)
    Kathryn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd highly recommend it, can't see myself reaching for anything else in the near future :) x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com