MaxFactor 'Wild Mega Volume' Mascara | Review

Hello everyone!

I recently picked up the new MaxFactor Wild Volumising Mascara as the final addition of my '8 Maxfactor Mascaras' post (which will be coming shortly) and I decided that seeing as though it's new and readers may want an in depth review just on this mascara alone I'm giving it it's own post before I write a more condensed review on it in my larger mascara post.




First off, I do like this mascara. I've read a few negative reviews with people saying that they don't like the wand shape or it doesn't separate their lashes very well but for me that hasn't been the case. 

Having said that, I love volumising mascaras. I like to have thick lashes. I know some people may prefer lengthening or separating mascaras which may be why they're not overly keen.

You can see below how it looks on my eyelashes:



On the image above you can see the wand which is an hourglass shape. It's really unusual and to be completely honest I'm not entirely sure why it's of the shape it is. It doesn't seem to apply any differently to a normal straight wand. Secondly, don't underestimate it's size, it's such a thick bristled brush, I'd compare it to the size of the False Lash Effect wand if you're familiar with that, you can see it HERE. Also, when you pull the brush out of the tube quite a lot of product comes out on the brush which is where you'll get the clumpiness from if you're not careful. The bristles on the brush are very soft and flexible which I like because it doesn't drag your lashes along with the brush as you're applying it.

I really like the formula too, it's quite thick and coats the lashes well, as well as a volumising effect I noticed that it slightly curled my lashes too. Not much but slightly which was pretty cool.

A downfall of this mascara is that it's a little tricky to apply, the size of the brush and the amount of product that comes out on it can make it a clumsy mascara. When it had dried I had to clean up some excess mascara from around my eyes. However, I don't find that it leaves any residue on my skin throughout the day, it pretty much stays put.

A quick tip that I have found extremely useful with this mascara is sometimes when I apply it and I think it's made my lashes clump together too much I like to go over it with the MaxFactor Clump Defy mascara (a mascara I don't like much on it's own). I think that really helps to separate lashes at the same time as keeping them thick and full of volume!

Overall, personally I think it's a really good mascara, I like how it volumises well, I like the deep black colour, I like the wand and I love the green packaging! But I can definitely see why others may hate it. If you're looking for something that's going to be quick to apply, this won't be for you. You have to take your time with it otherwise it'll clump your lashes together and you'll get excess mascara around your eyes. If you're umming and ahhing about it, I'd definitely go and buy it now while it's on a promotional offer as it such a love or hate product!

Price: £4.99 (Promotional offer) RRP: £6.99
You can see it online at Boots HERE.

Would I recommend this product? to someone who like volumising mascaras, yes.
Would I repurchase this product? yes.

I hoped this was helpful! Let me know in the comments what you think about this mascara! :)

Thanks for reading
Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com