2014 Resolutions Progress | August

Hello everyone!

I literally can not believe we are here again. It feels like last week that I wrote my last resolutions progress post in April. It's now the August edition and the next time I do this we will be in December. Woah.

First of all, I'll just explain what this is. In January, I wrote a 2014 Goals Post in which I mentioned 7 things that I wanted to work on and achieve throughout 2014. Then I decided I'd review the progress every third of the way through the year. So I wrote my first 2014 Resolutions Progress Post in April and now we're on the second one!

So now we're all up to date, I'll just crack on...

These are my 2014 goals:

1. Vlog more

I did so well at the beginning of the year! Since my last post I have made a grand total of zero vlogs. Same reason as last time really, I haven't been anywhere to vlog. 

On the other hand, I have done some 'Photo Diary' posts which are kind of picture vlogs. So I suppose that counts a little.


I'll definitely have more 'lifestyle' kinda posts in the near-ish future though and some potential vlogging material. Can't go in to too much detail right now because nothing is set in stone but yeah... think decorating / interior design / homeware...

2. Gain 100 followers on the blog

YAY! I actually achieved this in April when I had 60 GFC followers and 82 Bloglovin' followers. I now have 81 GFC members and about 194 Bloglovin' members. 

I PROMISE I'll do a giveaway for all you wonderful people who read my posts. I just need some time to decide how to put it together. 

3. Get a job

Another goal that I can gladly check off my list! Although I haven't actually started it yet, as I'm a teaching assistant and I start in September, I am technically employed :D

Interview outfit and New Job Post

4. Redecorate my room

Another one which was crossed off back in April. You may see this mentioned again a lot in my December edition though. 

5. Do more things that don't include shopping

This is definitely where my progress starts to decline haha. Granted,  I've been on some cinema outings and pub evenings etc. However, I think recently I've been inclined to shop more because I have more money to actually spend than I did back in April. Also I basically need a whole new wardrobe for this job as smart clothing isn't something I have a lot of so I actually need to visit the shops for things but this goal definitely still needs work. 

Just think though, when I start working 5 days a week... I won't have time to go shopping whenever I want so I need to cram it all in now :D

Here are some things I've been recently buying (Just to let you know, I pretty much buy everything with the phrase in mind, 'I'll buy it for the blog... I'll buy it to review' hhaha!


6. Be more positive




I am trying my very best with this one. The fact that I'm still plodding along with life after some of the absolute crap that's been thrown my way this year is kind of proof to me that I must have been thinking positively. 

I swear though, I'm not good at this one. My brain just has this immense ability to worry about everything. I'm an over thinker. 

7. Make more effort

Last time I mentioned that I had been making more effort in myself. This is still true, if not even more so. I've been cutting back on the take out food and the fast food stuff... in fact I can't remember the last time I had a McDonalds.

Not that I've been trying to lose weight but I have noticed myself getting into better shape because I've been eating more healthily. I actually recently bought my work pants in a size 8 which was a great feeling! Additionally I've been making an effort to drink more water which has been preventing my headaches and helping my skin. All good stuff!

 There are, however, still things and people in my life that I need to put more effort into. so yeah, this one still needs progress too.

***

Overall, I think I'm doing pretty well with these goals. The main two I want to work on from now until December are the positive thinking one and the making more effort thing. If I can do that I've achieved all my goals this year, as far as I'm concerned.

As far as the vlogging, if that happens, great, if not I'm not going to be too bothered about it. Also the one about finding other things to do besides shopping I think is about finding a balance. I love to shop so I'm likely to shop a lot, you know? I have been reading more and blogging etc so I'm not overly fussed about this one either. It's probably something that I'll have to learn to accept rather than change... I enjoy to shop, therefore I shall.

If you'd like to see my other resolutions posts you can here,

Find April's resolution progress HERE.
Find 2014 Goals HERE.

How have you been getting on with your 2014 resolutions? 
Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading, 
Leanne x
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comments:

  1. great list! good luck with getting a job :) id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/08/benefits-theyre-real-remover.html xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com