Recent Beauty Buys!

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I've written a haul post hasn't it? I've been on quite a few shopping trips lately but I've been buying only one or two items at a time which don't really constitute a full haul post. 

Today I thought it would be nice to write a collective post of the beauty bits and pieces I've bought over the last few weeks! I'll also be writing a more clothing / accessories haul as a sister post to this one :)


First, I'll talk about the most high-end item that I have picked up which is the MAC Prolong Wear Paint Pot in Painterly. 

I've wanted this for a long time (you may have seen it mentioned in my current wish list post) but I just couldn't bring myself to spend £15.50 on a little pot of cream eyeshadow. After resisting for so long and not finding a cheaper alternative I finally decided that I really did want it.

I've promised myself that I have to use it, it's not allowed to just sit there looking pretty so I've already swatched it for you in the picture below. I really want it to just apply all over my lid on a daily basis to even everything out. 

There were definitely about two or three more I could have bought along side this one, they're so pretty :|


On to the drugstore beauty items now, firstly, I bought the new MUA pressed powder highlight in Iridescent Gold (£3.00). I never bought the original one so I can't compare them quality wise but what I can say is that this shade is beautiful! By far my favourite highlighting product. Good one MUA! Look out for a review soon :D

Next, I bought my first ever Rimmel Lasting Finish Mono Blush in the shade Pink Rose (£3.99). Rimmel London is not a brand I associate with much just because I'm not that familiar with it so when I buy something I'm not sure what I'm getting.

However, I saw this blush on a blog and thought it was really lovely. I think it will be a nice autumn shade. You can see a swatch on the picture above.

Next, I have two new foundations to talk about. The first being Maybelline's Super Stay Better Skin Foundation and I have the shade 005 Light Beige (£8.99). I actually bought this by accident for my sister, I thought I was buying the Rimmel Match Perfection but, yeah, I got confused by the similar packaging. 

I felt slightly robbed after buying this because Superdrug had a massive sign saying HALF PRICE so I thought, great it's only £4.50. Oh no. In teeny writing it said 'buy one get second half price'. Why do I fall for it? I need to be more assertive haha.

You can imagine my disappointment when I realised I'd also bought the wrong product as well lol.

Anyway, I went back and picked up two Rimmel Match Perfection Foundations (£6.99), one for my sister and one for myself as they were on offer for £4.99. I love this foundation as it's probably the lightest one currently in the drugstore. 

I always see this brand in Superdrug and never buy anything despite my curiosity. I think the brand is just called 'B.' here's a link incase you haven't the foggiest what it is. 

On this particular shopping trip I must have been feeling adventurous as I bought the B.Set Sheer Finish Pressed Powder (£7.99). When they say sheer... they mean it. Not overly keen on this so far, it felt lovely and creamy in the shop so maybe I need to work it in a bit more. I bought it on offer for £3.99. 

I also bought the B.Flawless Long Lasting Conceler (£5.99). When I picked this up it was only £2.99 and this offer is still on. So far I think that the concealer itself is nice, I do wish it was slightly lighter in shade though. The packaging of this particular item sucks. It feels like it might just fall apart in your hand. Nice concealer though, so far. 


For once in my life I bought a Barry M Nail Polish and didn't take advantage of the 3 for 2 offer. Woah. This particular shade is limited edition for the summer and it's called Carousel (£3.99). I loved it in the shop because of the gold shimmer running through it, I thought it was beautiful. The next post after this haul will probably be my review of this product!

This is a random little purchase from the Topshop sale. I also bought a top but that will be in the other haul. 

It is just a little smudger eyeshadow brush and I got it for £1.00. Not bad at all considering it was £5.00 originally. 

It's just a small, chubby bristled brush which I really don't have many, if any at all, of so I know this will come in handy. 

Finally, I picked up the Touch of Silver Shampoo and Conditioner (£2.09). I've used these twice so far and I've been taking pictures of the hair lightening progress so that will be an upcoming post to look out for too!

***

And that is everything I have to show you where beauty items are concerned. I will be writing a clothing haul soon which will include Primark, Topshop and ASOS! I hope you enjoyed reading this post and I'll see you in the next one!

Leanne x

Follow on Bloglovin

Thoughts of the day
  • Lipstick Week is over :( I'm pretty sad that it ended as I thoroughly enjoyed writing the quick, snappy reviews. I'll probably do something similar in the future. If you didn't get to see them, here you do here: Day 1, MAC Candy YumYum, Day 2, Essence Flirty Pink, Day 3, Sleek Matte Me Brink Pink, Day 4, Revlon Lip Butter Wild Watermelon, Day 5, 'Mystic', Day 6, Revlon Matte Balm Showy Flamboyante and Day 7, Sleek Heartbreaker.
  • I wanted to get so many more posts written recently but I just haven't been doing it. Sometimes I get in the mood for it but the lighting isn't good enough to take pictures or sometimes I don't have a good idea of what I want to write about. I need some inspiration from somewhere haha.
  • I can't believe how fast the weeks are going, I start work two weeks today! I'm nervous and excited at the same time.
  • Used my Toni & Guy Jumbo Hair Curler today for the first time since about Christmas. I'm quite enjoying the effect it created but we'll see what it looks like in the morning, that will be the deciding factor.
  • Absolute new obsession with Dragon's Den. Does anyone else watch it? Please say you do! If you're unfamiliar it's a programme where inventors show their creations to a panel of entrepreneurs who are sickeningly rich. Then they decide whether they want to help financially to get the new business off the ground for a stake in the business. It's so good. Trust me. 

2 comments:

  1. The mac paint pot looks lovely! I understand you hesitating to pay £15! Lovely post.

    Everything Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, £15 is a lot... if only Maybelline had more variety of Colour Tattoos haha! Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com