Haul! Boots, Dorothy Perkins and ... Poundworld!

Hello everyone!

You know them times when you run out of all your 'essential' makeup at once? Yep that's happened to me! I hate when it happens, it gets too pricy when you have to replace everything at once.

Anyway, I refrained myself and just replaced what I really need, foundation and mascara, and picked up a few extra bits which I'll explain along the way :)

Boots 


First I went in Boots for a few things, has anyone else received that pamphlet through the post with boots vouchers on it for extra advantage points? I have woo!

I picked up the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. I originally wanted to repurchase (for the millionth time) MaxFactor's Weightless Foundation but I don't know whether it's been discontinued or if it's just my Boots but it's not at the MaxFactor stand any more! The new CC Cream is in place of it. Does anyone know if it's been discontinued?

Anyway, I bought the bourjois foundation, hopefully it'll be light enough for my skin, I'll be disappointed if it's not.

I also picked up the limited edition MaxFactor False Lash Effect mascara. I've heard good things about it so I decided I'd give it a go.

I picked up a new Impulse body spray (how exciting) in Sweet Smile and a new Venus Razor as I left my old one in Greece :| I'll let you know how this one fairs. I usually just buy whatever's on offer :D

Prices:
MaxFactor False Lash Effect Mascara: £10.99. Buy HERE.
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation: £9.99. Buy HERE.
Razor: £9.99. Buy it HERE for £4.99 at the moment.
Impulse body spray: £1.99. Buy HERE for £1.

Next, my mum bought two Barry M nail polishes. How interesting is the black and white one? I'm including these in the post because I plan to do a review on the black and white one soon!

Prices:
Confetti Nail Paint 2 Liquorice: £3.99. Buy HERE.
Pink Sapphire Glitter nail polish: £2.99. Buy HERE.

Dorothy Perkins



I just picked up one lonely item from Dorothy Perkins today, I didn't intend on buying anything really, I was looking through the sale and it all seemed a bit old fashioned. But I found this T-shirt and  thought it was quite nice, I'll probably wear it with leggings or shorts in the summer. It's just a simple top, I like it :)

Price: £5.00. Buy HERE
(I don't know why it's £8 online, it was definitely only £5 in the shop).

Poundworld


You might think I'm crazy for buying makeup at Poundworld, I thought I was crazy too. However, I came to the conclusion that I'll never know if I don't try it. So I picked up a few things, I liked that everything was in packages so people couldn't tamper with them. The only thing that wasn't packaged were the lipsticks which was a shame because I would have bought some if they hadn't been opened.

I found an eyeshadow palette with blues and greens in it, a bronzer, some eyeliners and an NYC duo. 

I plan to test these, see what they're like and tell you what I think in more detail, should be fun haha!


Also from Poundworld I found these 'Microwave Rollers', I have some heated rollers which I quite like but they just take too long to put in and set etc etc. So I thought these looked interesting and I decided to give them a go.

Again, I'll let you know how I get on with them!

Prices:
Makeup: £1 each
Rollers: 2 packs for £1


And lastly, this isn't really part of the haul but I wanted to include it anyway. I have any of you tried these biscuits? I'm sure you have, if you ever buy hot drinks while you're out and about sometimes you get a biscuit with it and usually it's one of these. They're the Lotus Caramelised Biscuit and they taste kinda cinnamony and they're amazing dipped in coffee/hot chocolate. I had no idea you could buy them in a packet, they are the best things ever! 


Posts in the making:

MaxFactor 'False Lash Effect' Mascara Review
5 MaxFactor Mascaras, Tried & Tested
5 MaxFactor Foundations, Tried & Tested
Collection Lipstain Review
My favourite products for dealing with Dry Skin.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com