Poundland Makeup, Yay or Nay? and Get Ready With Me!

Hey everyone!

As promised I have here for you some product reviews on some items I picked up in Poundland. 


I didn't know what to expect from these cosmetics, as I mentioned in the haul post, I was happy that they all came in sealed packages so I was assured they hadn't been tampered with. 

So this is kind of a 'Get ready with me' style post with step-by-step pictures (please don't mind my naked face and pulled back hair, that's just how I do my makeup!), I've gone about my normal routine just switching up a few products as I go along! Reviews will all be at the end so just skip there if that's all you want to see :) Hope you enjoy!

Face



Products used:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer 
Rimmer Stay Matte Powder
MaxFactor Blush
Avon large powder brush
Avon tapered brush for blush

 Bronzer 
(Poundland)


Products used:
Poundland 'Pink Tease' Bronzer
17 Kabuki Brush

Eyebrows


ILAH Brow Powder & Brush
Eyebrow brush from Boots

Eyes

(Eyeshadow Palette from Poundland)





Products used:
Poundland 'Pink Tease' Eyeshadow Palette
MaxFactor False Lash Effect Mascara in Black
L'Oreal SuperLiner in Black
Urban Decay small eyeshadow brush taken from the Ammo 2 palette


Eyeliner


(Eyeliner from Poundland)



Products used:
Poundland 'Pink Tease' Pencil Eyeliner in Black

Reviews

Bronzer:

I would give this bronzer a 3 out of 5. It's definitely not the most luxurious of bronzers but I never expected it to be, after all it only cost £1. It's a pretty decent colour, from what I could see they only had the one shade and it is quite dark, it definitely has the potential to look orange if you piled it on but with a light hand and plenty of blending you can definitely work with it.

On the negative side, I found it to be very dusty, for example when I tapped my brush into it a lot of product kind of flaked away if that makes sense. Basically there's a lot of fall out and wasted product whilst using this item. Also, the packaging feels very cheap and easily breakable. I would be a bit dubious about carrying this around loose in my bag because if this bad boy opened; game over. Again though, I'm just picking here, you can't expect much from something that only cost a pound.

I know from the picture above you can't really tell the difference between my foundationed face and my bronzed face, the lighting wasn't on my side, however it does warm your face up nicely and naturally if you use it sparingly.

I'm pleased that I picked this product up. I think I'll definitely get some more use out of it. It's not the best bronzer I've ever used but it's pretty good value for money, it does what a bronzer is supposed to do. It's just a shame that I couldn't find any colour variations and the amount of fall out.

Would I recommend this product? yes.
Would I repurchase this product? yes.

Eyeshadow Palette:

I'd give this palette a 3.5 out of 5. I really wanted to love this palette, the colours in it look gorgeous, it's small and compact with great variety and it just looks like a nice, everyday, wearable palette and to tell you the truth, I actually do really like it. This is my favourite of the 3 items I'm reviewing here, I have a feeling I'll get a massive amount of use out of it and I definitely saw more colour varieties which I might have to go back for...

Similarly to the bronzer, there is a pretty decent amount of fall out with these shadows too, not as much as the bronzer but definitely enough to ruin some face makeup if you're not careful with the darker shades. Weirdly, when I first dipped the brush in I thought they were cream shadows because the consistency is so unusual, so much product clings to the brush it's unbelievable. Having said that, the pigment is extremely good in these shadows, I used the first pale green colour over my lid and it came off so well, I was really impressed. I also used the middle bronze colour on the left in my crease, I was happy with the result, what do you think?

Overall, I think this palette is excellent value for money. Again it was only £1 and for those of you who want to play about with some colour but not spend a fortune this would be great, also if you're just starting out with makeup and want to get some variety or a collection going this would be a great, inexpensive step in the right direction in my opinion. 

Also, a little tip with this palette, it does come with a double ended sponge applicator thing but this works a million times better if you use a half decent eyeshadow brush. I just used the small one from my Ammo 2 palette.

Would I recommend this product? yes!
Would I repurchase this product? yes! I'd like to buy more colours :)

Eyeliner:

I'd give this eyeliner a 3 out of 5. Surprisingly I quite enjoyed using this eyeliner. I was expecting it to be really hard and really having to drag it along the waterline to get anything off but that wasn't the case. 

Honestly, I have a MAC eye kohl in Smoulder and for me, this eyeliner works better than that. It's much more pigmented and stays on a lot longer. It doesn't glide on like, for example, the Barry M eyeliner does but it's fairly easy application. There's not much more to say about it really, it's a very dark black colour, it has pretty good staying power for something you put on your waterline and it's easy to apply. Also, in the packet, you get 2 eyeliners and a sharpener so that's a bonus.

I'm not sure if I'll get as much use out of the eyeliners as I will the eyeshadows only because I have other eyeliners which I use daily and do prefer. However, I'm glad I have them as a fall back and there is certainly nothing wrong with them!

Would I recommend this product? yes.
Would I repurchase this product? no, only because I don't need them.


I also have two more things which I didn't mention in this post which are the NYC Duo so I'll do a quick post on that soon letting you know what I think and the microwave rollers which I haven't used yet!

I don't want to be responsible for any upset people if you go away and buy these items and don't really like them. I just tried to use the product with an open mind, I wasn't expecting miracles and honestly you don't get miracles, they do their job and they look good. 

Nonetheless, I hope this post has been useful to some of you and maybe I've inspired you to go and have a look at some Poundland makeup, let me know in the comments if you do go and pick something up, I'd be so interested!

Thanks for reading this post! And if you read it all well done! It's such a long post haha!

See you next time!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com