£25 Makeup Challenge | Version 1!

Hello everyone!

On a whim, I decided to give the '£20 Makeup Challenge' a go. Sadly, I could not achieve a makeup look within that price. So I gave myself an extra fiver to play around with, I hope you don't mind. 

Reasons for this are: I wanted to create a look that was complete, without missing anything vital from my everyday look. I wanted to create something that I would (and I am going to) go out of the house wearing. And lastly, I didn't want to go out and buy the things for it, I wanted to make use of the products I already have at home. 

Regardless of my slight rule breaking, I think this is a really useful and handy makeup look, it makes use of multi-purpose products and includes only 4 items... imagine how handy this would be if you're travelling!

When searching around for these items, I actually created a second look using some different items within the same £25 price bracket. So look out for that one too if you enjoyed reading this one! 



These are the items I settled on for this look:
MaxFactor Smooth Effect Foundation in Creamy Ivroy - £7.99 - LINK
Sleek Matte 2 Palette - £7.99 - LINK
MaxFactor 2000 Calorie Mascara in Black - £7.99 - LINK (£6.99 at Superdrug LINK)
MUA Blush in shade 1 - £1.00 - LINK
(MUA must have recently repackaged the blushes so I found one that looks similar)

Total: £24.97

This is how I used them:

MaxFactor Smooth Effect Foundation - Applied it normally as a foundation and then using the product as a concealer I wen't over some redness, blemishes and under my eyes. I chose this foundation because it sets to a matte finish which cancelled out my need for a matte powder. Also, I know it has a buildable consistency therefore I could use it for a concealer too. I was actually really impressed with how it performed under my eyes. It cancelled out the dark circles really well. For redness, it didn't do too bad, I would have got better results from a concealer but it did hide redness a little bit. On blemishes, it didn't perform very well at all, if you have any major problems you'll have to add some concealer to them definitely. 

Sleek Matte 2 Palette - This was my favourite item to use. With this being a really high quality matte palette I knew I could really get some use out of this within this look and I was right, this was definitely the star of the show! Using this, I managed to fill in my eyebrows, apply eyeliner to my top lash line to make my lashes appear thicker and I managed to apply some eyeshadow, something that would have been missed out had I not used this palette. 

This palette receives a 10/10 from me. Finding good quality matte shades is a risky thing no matter what brand you try and for something so affordable, this palette is a winner. The shades are good quality and highly pigmented and you get a good variety of colours too!

MaxFactor 2000 Calorie Mascara - Mascaras are one of the most problematic things to tackle in a post with a limited budget. They're pricy, you get what you pay for and they are a necessity (for me at least). I have blonde eyelashes so there's no way I could have missed this out. It's not a multi-purpose item and it took up £8.00 of my budget but hey ho, it's the cheapest one I own and actually one of my favourites! 

MUA Blush in Shade 1 - I had £1 to spare and I actually miss blush when I don't wear it so I included this. I think blushes really liven up your complexion and make you look healthy and vibrant. These pressed powder blushes from MUA are actually a really nice quality too. I felt like I was kind of cheating including something that was only £1, I wanted it to be MUA free. But never mind, it definitely finished off my makeup look and I didn't have to sacrifice any main parts!

This is the final look:



It's very simple and natural, definitely something I'd wear as an everyday look!

So I hope you enjoyed this and maybe try it out. 
Have you managed to create a £20/£25 makeup look? I'd be really interested to see if you have as I struggled... a lot!

Thanks for reading,
see you next time, 
Leanne x
Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Etsy

P.S. Don't forget to keep a look out for my next version of the £25 makeup challenge!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com